Seattle and San Francisco are two top defenses back from last year. A few should be better. Many of the top defenses this week are on the road. Let’s take a look at who has the best match-ups to kickoff the season.
1. Tampa Bay @ NYJ – Revis’s return should be a complete and total domination of his old squad.
2. Seattle @ Carolina – Cam Newton should have a tough day with one of the league’s top defenses in town
3. New England @ Buffalo – Shutting down CJ Spiller should be priority number one.
4. Houston vs San Diego – A lack of offensive fire power and a very good defense should make this a one-sided late game on Monday night.
5-. San Francisco vs Green Bay – Aaron Rodgers has a lot of weapons. But can a rookie left tackle who wasn’t their first choice help 2012’s most sacked quarterback?
6. Chiefs @ Jacksonville – This should be a much better fantasy defense with a lot of young talent and a good offense to give them a break.
7. Indianapolis vs Oakland – Colts have an upgraded defense and one of the leagues worst teams coming to town.
8. Chicago vs Cincinnati – Bengals offense is very good. Chicago is always a threat to take one back in special teams.
9. Rams vs Arizona – Arizona’s offense is totally different from a year ago.(Which is good) I like what I see on the Rams defense and Tavon Austin could be a major special teams impact.
10. Cleveland vs Miami – A turnstile left tackle for Miami could hinder the passing game. Miller is prone to fumbles. The Browns offense will grind the clock without Josh Gordon in the line-up
11. Minnesota at Detroit – With Patterson returning kicks and the Lions O-Line still a question mark, Vikes and their run first offense could be a good play.
12. Washington vs Eagles – Until Philly proves themselves, Redskins look like a solid start. The defensive backfield should be better with Orakpo and Kerrigan rushing on the outside